Eoin Morgan Cricketer Biography and Career Profile
Eoin Joseph Gerard Morgan, commonly known as Eoin Morgan is an Irish cricketer, currently serving as the captain of the English Cricket Team in the limited over formats. Born on 10 September 1986 in Dublin, this 32-year-old cricketer is one of the finest finishers and big hitters of the game. Standing 5 ft 9 in, Eoin Morgan has shown immense talent in cricket from an early age and has proved himself at every age group. Apart from his big hitting abilities, he is also known for showing maturity that exceeds his age and has led the team maturely and calmly whenever given the opportunity even when there were players senior to him.
He has made a great impact on the game and is already in the record books for which he is known worldwide. His hitting powers have also made him a huge star in T20 formats because of which he is highly sought after in the leagues that happens in Australia, India, Pakistan and many more countries.
Eoin Joseph Gerard Morgan was born on 10 September 1986 in Dublin. He made his debut against Zimbabwe in 2010. His personal details include:
- Birthday: 10 September 1986
- Age: 32 years
- Country: Ireland
- Birth Place: Dublin,Ireland
- Height: 5 feet 9 inches
- Weight: 79 kg/ 174 lbs
- Shirt Number: 16
- Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Relationship Status: married to Tara Ridgway
- Bowling style: Right-arm medium
- Batting: Left Handed
- Instagram: @eoinmorgan16
- Twitter: @Eoin16
- Teams: Royal Challengers Bangalore, Middlesex, Ireland, Kings XI Punjab, England Lions, World XI, England, Kolkata Knight Riders, Sydney Thunder, Peshawar Zalmi, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Barbados Tridents, Karachi Kings, England Cricket Board XI, Durban Qalandars
- Cricket Role: Batsman
Eoin Morgan’s Career in International Cricket
Eoin Morgan studied in the Catholic University School and made a name for himself on the Ireland’s cricketing circuit by winning 3 senior cup titles for his school. Representing Ireland at the youth and every under groups, he became the youngest player to debut for Ireland, scoring 99 on his debut match. Because of his desire to play Test cricket regularly, he switched to the English national side as only full-time members are allowed to play proper well scheduled test matches. In 2015, he was named as the captain to lead the side in the world cup and has been continuing ever since.
- Currently, he is the only English captain who has scored more than 4 ODI centuries, showing that the added responsibility of the captainship has only motivated him to play more responsibly and allows him to lead the team from the front.
- The first player in the history of Cricket to score centuries for two nations, Ireland and England.
- He is the highest run getter for the English National side in the ODI formal, proving his skills in the limited over cricket and how he can adapt and change his play according to the demands of the situation, which is a must in the ODI format.
- Has scored the Fastest fifty from the English National Side. He is the youngest senior international for the Irish national team.
- Was selected by the ICC to lead the World XI to play against West Indies in March 201, proving his skills are among the finest in the business and he has the temperament and calmness to lead a team filled with the best players from around the world.
His exploits on the field has earned him a great following by those who follow the game. He is quite a private person off the field, but often takes part in charity events for the well being of the not so well section of the society. He often updates about his daily activities and upcoming events on social media platform like Instagram and twitter, where he can be found with the username @eoinmorgan16 and @Eoin16 respectively.
Eoin Morgan Batting: –
In tests: –
- Matches: – 16
- Runs: – 700
- 100/50: – 2/3
- Average: – 30.43
In ODIs: –
- Matches: – 208
- Runs: – 6362
- 100/50: – 11/39
- Average: – 37.64
Career in PSL: –
Eoin Morgan was placed under the platinum category in the PSL in 2017 season and was bought by Peshawar Zalmi. Later on, at the end of the season, donated his whole kit for the treatment of the children. He has also captained Karachi Kings for a season as well.
Career in IPL: –
Eoin Morgan, so far has represented Royal Challengers Bangalore, Kolkata Knight Riders, Sunrisers Hyderabad and Kings XI Punjab. He has shown the glimpse of his destructive best occasionally but not consistently for some or the reasons like national duty or injury. Was an important part of the batting line up of the Kings XI Punjab along with Glen Maxwell and was often responsible for ending the innings of his team on a high.
Career in CPL: –
He played CPL in 2017. His debut match was against the team Guyana Amazon Warriors played on 29th August 2017.